Bags packed? Check. Road-trip playlist ready to rock? Check. Masks, wipes, and travel-sized hand sanitizers easy to access in the vehicle? Check. It looks like you’re well-prepared for your Maine road trip to Linekin Bay Resort in Boothbay Harbor! Spice up your drive along Route One with a few fantastic Maine Coast detours. From great eats and museums to breathtaking scenery and historical attractions, indulge your inner adventurer on your way to our Boothbay Harbor resort.
Maine Road Trip: Route 1 from North to South
The earlier you set off in the morning, the more you’ll be able to see on your Maine day trip. Pass the time by playing the Alphabet Game or sip on a steaming mug of coffee in silence and gaze upon beautiful New England scenery in the glow of the early sunlight. You’ll be at your first stop before you know it.
- Stretch your legs at Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor. Hike on a serene nature trail, stop by Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse, and take in the dramatic views at Thunder Hole.
- Recharge and refuel in Rockland at Home Kitchen Cafe, where they serve home-cooked meals on their rooftop patio. Help support local artists at the Farnsworth Art Museum and meander their enlightening exhibits. If you’re more interested in historical attractions, head out to the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse.
- Bask in the natural tranquility of Flood’s Cove, or eat a scrumptious meal at the iconic Moody’s Diner during your brief stop in Waldoboro.
Maine Road Trip: Route 1 from South to North
If you’re making a trip from around the Boston area or anywhere else south of Maine near Route 1, you might enjoy making a scenic detour or two along the way. Enhance your Maine road trip with historical stops, nature trails, coastal scenery.
- Stop for a delicious meal in Kennebunkport, and spend an hour or so immersing yourself in nature on the two-mile scenic Parsons Way Trail.
- Soak in the splendor of the Maine Coast in Cape Elizabeth, where you can learn about local history and take pictures of the spectacular view at the Portland Head Lighthouse.
- Portland always makes for an excellent place to stretch your legs and take on several micro-adventures—stroll through Arts District, eat a scrumptious lunch at Eventide Oyster Co., or wander around Fort Williams Park.
- History lovers and sailing enthusiasts will love learning about the birthplace of American shipbuilding at the Maine Maritime Museum in Bath.
Linekin Bay Resort Welcomes You with Open Arms
After a fulfilling and memorable Maine road trip to Linekin Bay Resort, retire to your cozy accommodations for a little relaxation. Treat yourself to a refreshing cocktail and decadent dish at our on-site restaurant, The Deck Bar & Grill. Our all-inclusive resort in Maine offers a plethora of water-based activities and land-based ventures, not to mention all the things to do in Boothbay Harbor, so keep an open mind when it comes to your daily itineraries. For more information about area attractions, Maine road trip suggestions, or making a reservation, please give us a call at 207 633 2494.