Everybody loves a good vacation, including your four-legged friends. But when you leave them behind at home, they miss you just as much as you miss them. Instead of paying for a dog sitter or pet hotel, bring your furry friend along for the journey. Boothbay Harbor is one of the most pet friendly towns along the East Coast, and you’ll have the time of your life exploring with your most adventurous family member. Linekin Bay Resort has four designated cabins as part of our pet friendly Maine resorts. So when you’re looking for dog friendly vacations in New England, look no further than our dog friendly Maine town.
Parks and Dog Friendly Beaches, Maine
The best part about pet friendly hotels in Maine is the plethora of outdoor activities around the state. Boothbay Harbor, in particular, is surrounded by gorgeous things to do with your dog. Whether your dog likes splashing along the beach, playing fetch in an open field, or going for long walks in the woods, the areas around our dog friendly hotels in Maine have something for you.
- Barrett’s Park is just a stick’s throw away from Linekin Bay Resort, and it’s one of the most gorgeous seaside parks in the area. You can drive here, but for some extra exercise and adventure, try paddling or walking from Linekin Bay Resort.
- Hendrick’s Head Beach is an impressive public beach, and it provides access to the dog friendly Hendricks Head Hiking Trail.
- In addition to Hendrick’s Head Trail, the Boothbay Region Land Trust maintains preserves and hiking areas for you to explore with your four-legged friend.
Dog Friendly Maine Restaurants and Shops
We always recommend packing a picnic to enjoy while you’re out and about with your loyal companion. However, trying the local restaurants is often the best part of vacation! Thankfully, Boothbay Harbor has plenty of dog friendly Maine dining options.
- The Deck Bar & Grill has outdoor seating where you and your companion can relax while overlooking Linekin bay—perfect for lunch and dinner, while conveniently close to your private dog friendly cabin.
- For a quick, on-the-go, dog friendly Maine meal, head over to Shannon’s Unshelled. They have delicious lobster rolls and comfortable picnic-style seating. If a bit of your roll spills under the table, your dog will gladly clean up after you.
- After your tasty treat, take your furry friend to Two Salty Dogs for a new toy or specialty treat. They even have a bakery that makes custom orders! And if you’re shopping for yourself, too, they have an entire section dedicated to humans.
Relaxing and Pet Friendly Hotels in Maine
The most dog friendly vacations in New England are here at Linekin Bay Resort. With comfortable cabins for you and your pet, delicious restaurants, and tons of outdoor activities, you’ll be glad that you brought your dog along for the trip. For more information on reservations and our pet policy, call 207-633-2494.