While Linekin Bay Resort started as a girl’s summer camp, it has become a top destination for everyone from solo travelers to couples, and families. Sitting on 20-acres of pristine Midcoast Maine shoreline, couples looking for a getaway with a bit of adventure will love the variety of activities and attractions both on the resort grounds and just a short drive away. We’ve put together a list of activities that are just the right blend of romance and adventure for your next romantic escape.
A Checklist of Midcoast Maine Adventures
Whether your idea of adventure is going on a self-guided walking tour or getting “lost” in nature, there’s plenty to explore when you stay at our Boothbay Harbor resort.
- Lace-up your boots and go for a hike. Some of the best hiking trails in Maine can be found near the resort, like the trails that make up the Boothbay Region Land Trust. You can also go for hikes in nearby preserves like Lobster Cove Meadow Preserve or Hendricks Head Preserve.
- Explore the coastline right off the shores of Linekin Bay Resort. Guests can go kayaking, canoeing, and paddleboarding right on the property.
- Go for a romantic sail with services like Schooner Eastwind, which offers a two-hour voyage. Up the romance factor by enjoying your cruise at sunset with Cap’n Fish’s sunset cocktail cruise. These cruises are also a great way to see wildlife like whales and puffins.
- Visit some state parks near the resort, like Barrett’s Park, Reid State Park, Popham Beach State Park, and Pemaquid Beach. These parks are perfect for a relaxing day spending quality time with the one you love most. Don’t forget the picnic lunch!
- Catch a live performance at The Opera House at Boothbay Harbor or Carousel Music Theater.
During your stay, be sure to start your day on the Sunrise Deck and finish your day curled up around our fire pit. There’s plenty of fun to have without leaving the resort thanks to our variety of land and water activities.
If you’re looking for more recommendations or help planning your romantic getaway to Midcoast Maine, have Your Maine Concierge help. This service will create a personally tailored itinerary that fits your wants and needs.
Reconnect with a Romantic Maine Escape
Couples who plan a getaway to Maine can spend a little alone time together without the distractions of everyday life. Linekin Bay Resort in Boothbay Harbor is the ideal place for your next getaway. We offer a range of accommodations, including private cabins, scattered along the woods and waterfront of our resort. Don’t forget to enjoy date night at The Deck Bar & Grill, our on-site restaurant. Call 207-633-2494 to learn more about our resort and booking your stay.