Every year, families get a few months of less distractions and more quality time together when school lets out for the year. It’s no surprise that so many families take advantage of this time to pack their bags and head out on memorable vacations. If you’re still looking for somewhere to go this summer, consider staying at Linekin Bay Resort in Maine. Our family-friendly resort has everything you and your loved ones need for an adventure-filled escape.
What to Include on Your Summer Activities Bucket List
Whether you’re visiting for a three-day weekend or a whole week, there is no shortage of things to do in Midcoast Maine to keep everyone entertained. Summer in Maine means temperatures around 80 degrees and plenty of sunshine.
- Go for a swim in our heated saltwater pool.
- Stop by the Sail Shack to sign out a canoe or kayak, and explore Linekin Bay.
- Play games like tennis, pickleball, or volleyball.
- Try your hand at class lawn games, including giant chess, cornhole, and bocci ball.
- Make s’mores around the fire pit.
Your stay at our Boothbay Harbor resort isn’t complete without getting out and exploring all this beautiful region of Maine offers.
- Reserve your spot on a whale or puffin watching cruise with Cap’n Fish’s Cruises.
- Wander around the ornamental gardens, waterfalls, and sculptures found inside the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.
- Learn something new by visiting a local museum like the Maine Maritime Museum, Owl’s Head Transportation Museum, or Boothbay Region Historical Society.
- Go on a self-guided lighthouse tour that’ll have you discovering attractions like the Pemaquid Point Lighthouse.
- Soak in the sunshine on a beach day at Barrett’s Park.
- Hike one of the numerous trails that make up the Boothbay Region Land Trust, including the one found in Lobster Cove Meadow.
Book Your Sunshine-Filled Maine Escape
Summer in Maine is a popular tourist time, so book your stay at Linekin Bay Resort early. Our oceanfront resort features several accommodation types that are perfect for families. Have plenty of space to relax while having the comforts of home by reserving one of the 20 cabins found on the property.
Don’t forget to dine at The Deck Bar & Grill, our delicious on-site restaurant. Enjoy a relaxing oceanfront atmosphere and delicious Maine fare as you reminisce on the day’s adventure. Get started planning your summer escape by calling 207-633-2494 to learn more about our resort or how to save on your stay.