Vacations are all about making memories with the ones you love most. Who says that has to wait until you arrive at Linekin Bay Resort? While there is no shortage of adventures to embark on during your stay, there is also plenty of fun to be had on your journey. Before checking into your waterfront rental, discover unique stops on your drive from Portland to Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Not only will this help you explore all Maine has to offer, but it will get you excited for all you’ll do at Linekin Bay Resort.
A Checklist on Your Maine Road Trip
Driving from Portland to our Boothbay Harbor resort takes less than two hours. The route is filled with charming towns and exciting attractions, so leave early in the day to give yourself plenty of time to wander all you come across.
- Play tourist by visiting the Portland Observatory or Victoria Mansion before heading out of town. The mansion is known for its original interiors and stunning architecture. The observatory is the only wooden maritime signal tower still standing.
- Make a stop in Falmouth to explore the Gilsland Farm Audobon Center. Part of the Maine Audobon, this spot is a 65-acre sanctuary with more than two miles of trails that’ll take you through a meadow, orchard, forest, and salt marsh.
- Park the car and explore the quaint town of Freeport. Found on the Casco Bay shores, this Maine town is known for local boutiques, shopping outlets, and festivals.
- Learn about Joshua L. Chamberlain, a Civil war hero and Maine governor, at the Joshua L. Chamberlain Museum in Brunswick.
- As you make your way into Boothbay Harbor, spend some time exploring downtown. Do a bit of shopping at the local stores that have everything from artisan-made crafts to clothing.
Remember that some of these locations are only open seasonally, so check out their operating hours before planning your stop.
Unwind in Comfort at a Top Midcoast Maine Resort
After driving from Portland to Boothbay Harbor, kick back and relax at Linekin Bay Resort, one of the best family resorts in Midcoast Maine. Our oceanfront resort has been the spot for memorable getaways, from solo travelers to multi-generational families.
Our 20-acre resort has everything you could want on a Maine getaway. We offer a range of accommodation options, including 20 cabins and guest rooms in four lodges. When not relaxing in your room, enjoy the on-site activities on water and on land. Call 207-633-2494 to learn more about our resort or how to save on your stay.